Take a Look Around...

Friday, February 22, 2013

I don't get it.

Lately, my heart has been holding on to a lot. I've recently heard of many families dealing with miscarriages and loss of children and stories like that are so dear to my heart. I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with the loss of a child. The loss of a person that two people created, together. I've been struggling with understanding why bad things happen to such great people. I know God has a plan but it's so hard to look at situations like that when you know how bad someone is hurting and how much their heart is trying to take.

I guess I've been struggling with realizing how precious life is. I've heard stories upon stories about people losing their life at such a young age and I feel like it never seems to hit me. It never seems to open my eyes that life could be gone in an instant. Literally the blink of an eye. The most recent story really touched me and opened my eyes, though. Knowing that such amazing people were experiencing such heartache drives me crazy. It makes me wish I could somehow have a baby for them to take away their pain. My heart is hurting, man. How am I supposed to sit here and trust God and say that He will be faithful when He's allowing so much hurt to enter people's lives'?