Take a Look Around...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

How much is too much?

I've been thinking a lot lately about chances. Is there a limit to how many chances someone can get before they are considered as taking advantage of another?

I've heard this quote many times: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

What I've been thinking is whether or not this quote is really applicable to our daily lives. There have been plenty of times when someone has fooled me multiple times and maybe at the 6th or 7th time they've changed and been loyal to me. There have been times where someone has fooled me once and I cut them off entirely. I guess what I'm confused about is when to know whether or not someone deserves a second or third or fourth chance. How are we, as humans, supposed to really decipher whether or not someone is legitimate in their apology? How are we supposed to know whether or not it's real?

I'm struggling with whether or not certain people in my life deserve to be in it at all. Some have gotten too many chances and some left without enough. I know it's too late to fix anything now but, when is enough, enough? How do I know if the people who are here are really supposed to be? How do I know they haven't taken advantage of their chances?

I guess only time will tell.