Take a Look Around...

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Friendships

I've realized these past few days how blessed I truly am with the friendships that I've been lucky enough to form. My friends have held me down these past few months and helped me find myself after being broken and feeling like I was lost. I've learned that sometimes the most unexpected friendships are the best ones and that sometimes you need to be apart from people to realize how much they really mean to you. I've also learned to appreciate those who have been by my side for years and stuck with me through it all. Sometimes, we lose sight of those friendships or don't think of how important and crucial they have been to our growth. At least I know I have. 

I've lost some people who I thought were really close friends, but I've gained more amazing friends in the process. I've learned the importance of honesty and transparency in a friendship and what loyalty really means. I've learned that loyalty is more than just staying true to your friendships but about staying true to who you are in the process as well.

I think one of the most important lessons that I've learned is that you can't force anyone to be loyal to you or to be a good friend to you. Those who GENUINELY desire a friendship with you will make sure that it happens one way or another. Those who WHOLEHEARTEDLY care about you and value who you are will make sure that you're in their life, no matter what you may go through in the friendship. There's no point in fighting for a friendship alone. If it's meant to be, it won't have to feel like a fight in the first place. Friendships take work on both ends of the spectrum and if only one person is working towards it, not much more needs to be said about where the friendships stands. Actions speak louder than anything. I'll always remember that.